Entrepreneur, innovator, inventor, father, CEO and philanthropist are just a few of the titles and hats Steve Jobs wore during his lifetime.
Even though he is no longer on this earth, his futuristic vision and impact can still be seen, felt and even bought. He paved the way for not only his industry, but left behind a world of wisdom. Below are five Steve Jobs quotes that we think young, ambitious professionals, aspiring to be more, see more and do more, should be living by.
1. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
2. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
3. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
4. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
5. “Innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we’ve been thinking about a problem.”